Below is a list of pages offering theory overviews and information. These are always being updated so check back often!
Mass Communication Theories:
- Agenda Setting – M. E. McCombs & D. L. Shaw
- Cultivation Theory – G. Gerbner
- Framing Theory – E. Goffman
- Schema Theory – R. Axelrod
- Spiral of Silence – E. Noelle-Neumann
- Technological Determinism – M. McLuhan
- Systems Theory
You can also find a wealth of info on the Mass Comm blog.
If you’re new here, here’s a good list to get you started on the basis of theory and where/how to apply them:
- Theory Words + Definitions – when you need to know what an Operational Definition is, go here.
- What is a Theory? – Because, seriously, what are they?
- Tests for a Theory – in case you’re calling your hypothesis a theory. For shame!
And for anyone writing a Thesis, Research Paper, or Research Proposal – get the definitive guide: My hilarious (not really) eBook – How to Write a Research Paper, Proposal, or Thesis. It’s free, and it’s wildly entertaining (meh, sort of).