Top Posts & Pages
- Writing Good Qualitative Research Questions
- Framing Theory
- Agenda Setting Theory
- Cultivation Theory
- Spiral of Silence
- How to Write a Good Title, Abstract, and Introduction
- Writing Good Quantitative Research Questions
- Beginners Guide to the Research Proposal
- What is Theory?
- Schema Theory - A Quick Background
Tag Archives: gerbner
The cultivation theory overview page is up, this give a brief overview of what the theory posits and the associated ideas, up soon I’ll be adding theory criticisms as well. You can read all about cultivation theory here.
Originally proposed by Gerbner & Gross (1976 – Living with television: The violence profile. Journal of Communication, 26, 76.) Cultivation theory states that high frequency viewers of television are more susceptible to media messages and the belief that they are real … Continue reading